Another year has gone by and so much has happened! Here are some highlights from 2016:
- Early in January, A stopped breastfeeding. We had been going strong for 7 months when my supply started to drop and she still seemed hungry after eating so we gradually switched to formula.
- At the end of January, A took her first plane ride to Orlando for her uncle’s wedding.
- A was a flower girl for the first time and I carried her down the aisle.
- Our nephew and A’s cousin was born early in February!
- Mr. Musings’ Grandma, A’s great-grandma, passed away just 2 weeks shy of her 93rd birthday on February 20th. We loved her and miss her very much.
- One day in March, out of the blue, A learned how to climb up stairs!
- A’s first word, around the time she learned to climb stairs, was “up.”
- Also in March, A played in a swing at the playground for the 1st time.
- I took the picture that is my profile picture for this blog and all my social media accounts in March, too. A was just 9 months old.
- We took A on her very first play date in April.
- She also said “mama” for the 1st time!
- I celebrated my 1st Mother’s Day with A. We had a delicious brunch together as a family of 3. (Although, I do count Mother’s Day 2015 as my actual 1st Mother’s Day as I was almost 9 months pregnant at the time!)
- A’s Grammy & Pop (Mr. Musing’s parents) visited in May and we celebrated A’s birthday early with them.
- A went in a swimming pool for the 1st time. She smiled and laughed the whole time. It was great!
- Over Memorial Day weekend, my brother, sister-in-law, and their 2 children visited us. We spent a day in D.C. with all 3 kids (aged 17 months, 11 months, and 3 months at the time). It was an exhausting day but it was also nice to know we could handle such a big outing!
- A cut her 1st two teeth in May as well.
- Our baby girl turned 1 year old on June 3rd!
- I spent a day early in June (baby-free) with my best friend in Gettysburg and had so much fun. Talking with her about writing inspired me to start this blog!
- A had her 1st fever towards the end of June. It was so sad to see our poor girl feeling so unwell.
- Soon after A’s first birthday, she had her very last formula bottle. We switched to cow’s milk and all solid foods. What a big girl!
- A took her 1st steps in June. So many milestones happening this year!
- And, on June 19th, I wrote my very first post on this blog!!
- On July 2nd, Mr. Musings and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary!
- We spent a long weekend in Rhode Island visiting my family over the 4th of July weekend. We saw my mom for the first time in over a year. A played with her cousins at the annual 4th of July picnic. It was a lot of fun!
- We took a week long trip to the Massanutten Resort in Virginia with Mr. Musings’ parents. We played in the pool, visited Luray Caverns, ate delicious southern food, and had a lot of fun together as a family.
- We took A to the Aquarium for the 1st time and she had a blast waving to all the fish as the swam by!
- I read a lot of books in September. I’m not even sure how I found the time! (I read The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory, Mary Boleyn: Mistress of Kings by Alison Weir, and The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraiser. I started The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn by Eric Ives but never finished it. I was really in the mood for Tudors history in September, I guess!)
- We finally tried sleep training. After one difficult night, A finally slept through the night. It was about time!
- A was a strawberry for Halloween! She was so cute. We took her trick or treating for the 1st time and she had so much fun! She kept asking for “more!”
- A was a flower girl for the 2nd time at her Aunt’s wedding. She threw a huge temper tantrum and didn’t actually walk down the aisle. She cheered up at the reception though and danced for hours! She was the life of the party!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with A’s Grammy and Pop as well as her great-grandparents. It was really special having 4 generations together for the holiday.
- We spent a few days visiting Rhode Island again over the holiday break. We had a great time visiting with family and A got to play with her cousins. It’s always wonderful to see the 3 little ones together.
2016 was an eventful year…full of so many “firsts” for our family and big milestones for our big girl. Let’s see what 2017 has in store for us…
Happy New Year!