Valentine’s Day is approaching and I still don’t have a babysitter. So, I have been thinking about fun ways to have a date night at home with my husband. Whether you are on a budget, or are like us, and don’t have a babysitter for your kids unless family is visiting, having an at-home date night can be a perfect way to spend quality time together with your partner.
Life is so busy, especially life with a young toddler. Our days are spent split between work and caring for Little A’s every need. At the end of a long and tiring day, it’s all too easy for Mr. Musings and I to forget about each other. But, long before Little A was part of our life, it was just the two of us. It’s important to remember that. We were a couple first. While it can be difficult to imagine a future past diapers and sleeping with my toddler’s feet in my face, Little A won’t always be so little . She will grow up and move out, someday, and then it will be just the two of us again. I think it’s so important to make the time to focus on our relationship now, no matter how crazy life is or how exhausted we may be, so there will still be a relationship to focus on later.
Babysitter or no babysitter, I really believe date nights are necessary for a relationship to thrive. It’s all about making each other, and your relationship, a priority.
So put the baby to bed, or set your kids up with a movie, and spend some quality time together!
Here are my 15 Favorite At-Home Date Night Ideas:
- Rent a movie you haven’t seen yet and eat popcorn
- Play a board game together
- Light candles and spend the night talking
- Read poetry aloud to each other
- Have a beer or wine tasting paired with cheese
- Binge watch episodes of a favorite TV show together
- Give each other back rubs or foot rubs
- Play video games together
- Pick up a special dessert from the bakery and enjoy it together
- Have a picnic in your living room
- Listen to music together
- Look at pictures from your past and reminisce about favorite memories
- Go for a walk around the neighborhood and hold hands (bring the kids with you for this one, if you have to)
- Dress up for dinner at home
- Turn off phones and just be together
These at-home date night ideas will make Valentine’s Day, or any day with your partner, so special. I’m going to pick up a few bottles of wine and some cheeses for an at-home wine tasting. Maybe we’ll rent a movie too!
What are your favorite at-home date night ideas?